When we drive William likes to hear stories or play games. He likes for us to tell him "Chipmunk Stories". These are any story about chipmunks. Mine usually pertain to what we are doing that day or have done recently. They also often have a Dora-esk feel as we spot land marks on our way to our destination. If I'm particularly at a loss, I will alter a Bible story. Recently the chipmunk was being stubborn and refusing to go to town to set up for a celebration for a particular chipmunk he did not like. He found himself in a dark damp cave for three days until he crawled out and finally obeyed his boss and followed the instructions. Any guesses? There was also one based on the Good Samaritan a while back. Jon's are usually much more environmentally educational, and often include identifying trees to gather the correct nuts, and hiking.
Today on the way to Bible study we played "I spy". I am still trying to get him to understand that you actually have to choose an object that you can actually see before you choose a color. He will just say a color and when I guess an object that seems fun to him he agrees that that was what he spied. Even if the object was not in view when he began. I can also get him to agree by acting very excited about my guess as if I know I'm right, and he'll agree that I'm right.
On the way home we played a new game. He kept telling me to be the "guy who asks the questions". It took me a while to figure out that on this drive we would be playing Cash Cab!! We had points and strikes and he even pretended he was kicked out for having three strikes and then pretended he was new people getting into the cab. It was awesome. He's so much fun.
1 comment:
I love the car games - that kid has a great imagination! :)
Post a Comment