Thursday, November 20, 2008

William's happy places

We went to play with some friends yesterday. When we got home William would not stop smiling and goofing around and making funny faces. He was clearly having a great day! I said to him, "William are you in a happy place?" and he said, "Yeah, I'm at an ice cream shop...for pretend!" That would make me happy too.

And last night when I checked on them before I went to bed, I covered him up with the blankets he had lost and he said, "airplanes an.....". That was it, dreaming of airplanes. I couldn't ask for any better dreams for him.

With all the upheaval of our lives right now, I'm glad he is doing okay. Jon is staying home with the kids right now while I work full time. My hours are all over the place; days, evenings, nights, whatever, and they're a couple days on a couple off, no consistency. For about a week there William was getting a bit more emotional than usual, but I think he's settling into our season of chaos. But I really hope it ends soon!! It's been a tough few weeks of working so much and having the role reversal thing going on. Getting back to normal once Jon goes back to work will be a very nice thing!

Now I must get back to rocking my baby....my Callie baby, laying on my lap sucking one of her doll bottles. It's one of her favored activities these days.

No comments: