Then someone was at the door. Wiggling the nob and trying to get it. Kids? Not a moment of privacy for a mom, right. But why weren't they just opening it? Then Jon opened it. Surely he doesn't have trouble opening doors. And he said, "are you doing something in here?"
Apparently he and William had been sitting on our bed and it had been shaking. And he wondered why in the world I would be jumping up and down in the bathroom!?! (Callie was in her bedroom playing on her bed and said it had started wiggling.)
Then we thought, maybe a big truck had driven by? Sometimes big trucks shake the house....a little. The thought of an earthquake did cross our minds, but we dismissed it immediately. And, with our house being old, we wondered if something was happening. (Lately, I am paranoid that our slanty floors are getting worse, although they're really not.) Jon checked around the house and in the basement and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
Then I got the brilliant idea to check our local news website FB. And, sure enough, friends had started posting about an earthquake. And then we figured out it really was true. I hadn't felt a shake per se, but just noticed things rattling.
Then Jon took the kids to an appointment and I went to work. On with the day.
Work was horrible and crazy, by the way! Worst day I've ever had in the ED. Only day I'd ever thought about returning to med/surg. When I arrived there were 4 ambulances parked out back (the most I've ever seen at once is 2) and the helicopter was just taking off. Super busy, but not even earthquake related, it's just been busy around there lately. We started a new doctor order entry system yesterday as well and therefore had LOTS of extra tech support around. The computer system wasn't bad, it was all the people around and the extra noise that was stressing me out! Oh, and the doctors being stressed, therefore 1 of them seriously yelling at me and the other doing it in a round about way. Not lovely.
Oh, but this is about the earthquake, not work. Here's my favorite news report about the quake.
"VIRGINIA QUAKE~~BREAKING NEWS!!! The USGS has determined that the epicenter of the Va earthquake was in a graveyard just outside of DC. The cause appears to be all of our Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves."
1 comment:
Sorry to hear that you had a not so good day. I hope today is better. Glad you are all safe and the quote that you posted is just way too good. Take care dear Selin Family :)
Post a Comment