Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Catch up

So, if I'm going to do this thing I better get to it, hey? Throughout the day I often think, "oh, I have to remember to post that" and then I never do and as the week goes on I have 10+ things I can't remember that I wanted to post. I just need to do it more often. Let's catch up...also, I'm sure Jon wants the previous post to go further down. : )

After my in-laws visit we had a couple weeks on our own and then my mom, my sister and her three kids visited for about a week. We all enjoyed the visit and the kids had a great time with their cousins. William still misses them. Even today at lunch as he prayed he thanked God for his cousins and that they came to our house and after his amen he told me, "I like my cousins". He has also asked when they are coming again and right after they left he said, "I want my cousins to come back, I love them." Very sweet. Callie also loved "Baby Nowa" (Nora). In the days after they left she often asked, "Baby Nowa sleepeen?" We did many day trips while they were here; picnic at Cowan's Gap, Hershey's Chocolate World, Gettysburg and DC.


William and Cousin Liam at our picnic in the mountains



We took the older three with us on our tourist days.



The little girls stayed back with our mom and had lots of fun and good naps.



My beautiful nieces.



Kisses even after I drug him all over the world and to three doctor visits all in one week. (I'll get to that later.)


This might be the only picture of my mom while she was here, but she was here. Those kids just steal the spotlight.
So, while they were here William had another asthma exacerbation. We went to the doctor early to try to prevent what I saw coming, but we were unable to. He had a rough night breathing and started on prednisone, which makes him better but also takes his emotions on a rollercoaster ride. He didn't get better as quickly as usual and we ran out of prednisone so we had allergist appontment #2 and added an antibiotic for bronchiolitis. In between these appointments, as I was listening to his lungs, I decided to listen to his heart. He has a murmur and I just decided to listen. Why? Because I'm nuts, I guess. But I noticed his heart rate was irregular. As that is not his norm I called the cardiologist and the next day we had the third apointment of the week (actually second since it was between the other two) to get an EKG and have a Holter Monitor placed for 24 hours. He did so well with this! I wasn't sure if he would try to play with the buttons or try to take it off, but he did amazing!! He called it his spy pack. What a trooper!! All these tests showed was a Sinus Arrythmia. The doctor said it was okay and we go for Wm's anual check up tomorrow and will find out more.

Other medical news on that boy...he keeps me hopping and really makes me sick of doctors. But he does so well with them! The last two appointments he had, while we were waiting for the doc to come in, he played doctor and I was the patient and he would bandage whatever ailment I made up and at one he said, "I'm going to be the nurse and fix people and make them all better". We also visited the Urologist recently and had surgery scheduled for this Friday, but it has been postponed due to his current breathing issues. He has a hydrocele (fluid sack near his scrotum)that needs to be drained and they will also stitch up the hole that a hernia would come through (which is where the fluid also comes through) and they will possible also be doing a bit more depending on what they see that day. I'll spare the poor boy any more details as this other part deals even closer to the privates. I often thank God for my kids' health and then have to ammend my prayer to thank Him for the medical abilities we have that help keep my boy as healthy as possible. I'm thankful for good doctors, too.

And just so my Beauty isn't left out.

She said, "wide a hosie" (ride a horsie). She can get out but doesn't.

LOVE THEM, and their energy and excitement and patience and sweetness.

And now, the last picture my camera will ever take. The Pisle kids came over and they were all
playing in our tiny sandbox. After this shot I set the camera up on the ledge of the platform and left it there for about a week. Before I remembered it was there we had two huge strong rain storms. It has never turned on again....but the memory card was okay!!
This week has been dedicated to catching up in our house and on the computer. I feel like I am just now catching up since our company left. Also, the garden is ready to be harvested so today was full of freezing carrots and canning salsa and tomatoes.
So, that's my long update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of the kids at the Washington Monument is awesome. Your kids are getting so big! :)